Immune, Vision & Cholesterol Control†
The organic elderberries used to produce this syrup extract are a rich source of anthocyanins which have been studied for their immune enhancing effects. Anthocyanins benefit the immune system by supporting cytokine production. Cytokines are messenger proteins that benefit the immune response.† Elderberry Syrup is for cold and flu immune support for both adults and children†. Elderberries are rich in vitamins A and C. Vitamins A and C help the body maintain optimal health. Our Elderberry Syrup is glucose, fructose, alcohol, and gluten free.
Elderberry contains several compounds help support healthy immune function. These active compounds help defend against viruses by affecting their ability to infect the body’s cells. Certain proteins at the surface of viruses have the ability to breakdown the body’s cell membranes and infect the cell. By neutralizing these proteins, the active compounds in elderberry help to protect the cells from infection. Elderberry is also rich in anthocyanins, which have well documented antioxidant properties. In addition, the anthocyanins in the elderberry help to support cytokine production. Cytokines are essential for regulating immune function.†
- Provides 6,400 mg of certified organic elderberry fruit extract per serving.
- Contains no sugar, artificial colors or flavors.
- Elderberry extract has been shown to support immune function, particularly against the cold and flu virus.†
- Has twice the potency of the leading brand.
- Contains 100% certified organic elderberry fruit.
- No glucose, fructose or other sweeteners.
- Alcohol free.
- No potassium sorbate.
- Black elderberry helps to support immune function by neutralizing hemagglutinin spikes on the surface of virus particles. By neutralizing these spikes, the virus loses the ability to puncture the cell membrane and infect the cell.†
- Elderberry contains anthocyanins, a class of phytochemicals that support immune function by boosting the production of cytokines (proteins that regulate immune response), including tumor necrosis factor and interleukins.†
- Stress plays a significant role in reducing immune function. Elderberry extract helps to reduce overall stress levels, and also significantly shortens recovery time from physical exertion. By reducing stress and its related effects, elderberry extract helps maintain a strong immune system.†